SPRING TERM 2023: INTRO TO ENVIRONMENT DESIGN
Time: Saturday 10:00am - 1:00pm CEST
First Class (SPRING TERM 2023): 29.04.2023
Class length: 6 weeks
Instructor: Darek Zabrocki
Location: "Focal Point School", Rajska 6,
80-850 Gdansk, POLAND or ONLINE
This class is a great entry for artists who want to design environments. A strong foundation on how environments are created with a strong emphasis on "Architecture". You will be going through studies preparing and shaping your skills in order to start designing for films and games.
Classes can be taken on – site or online, from every place that makes You learning comfortable and drives your creativity.
Please note: This class is 1 of the 3 classes of the Full Intro Term. Primarily every ‘’Intro’’ class is designed to abide by our full program of the ‘’Full Intro Term’’. We recommend signing up for the ‘’Full Intro Term’’ for the full experience and knowledge acquisition.
Class main features:
- The unique opportunity to learn from the mistakes of your veteran instructor which took years to realize . Students get a serious head-start because of this,
- Art Guidance and unique opportunity to witness live demos in making by industry professional Darek Zabrocki,
- Understanding importance of composition,
- Developing your shape language and introducing students to how design flow works in environments,
- Learning and understanding the architectural styles,
- Perspective and directing the viewer’s to elements of interest at focal points in a drawing,
- Learning to represent different materials using lines,
- Designing with a variety of approaches.
What do you need to bring to the table?
- Dedication and passion about concept design and illustration,
- Equipment – laptop or tablet and Photoshop or some other 2D graphics program (and knowledge how to use it),
- Motivation, discipline to fulfill homeworks,
- Ability to speak and understand classes in English.
Week to week - Brief schedule*
Please note. Even though we adhere to a week by week structure for our class program, the course’s structure is subject to modification in order to calibrate and optimize the class to the student’s needs. This is to always actively work on the best possible knowledge channeling for our students.
Week 1 - calibration of skills of the students in class. Introduction to an array of topics to see how well students handle what they already know.
Week 2 - introduction on how to tackle architectural structures in perspective. How to work with proportions faithfully to the source material.
Week 3 - further development of how to tackle architecture. Studying design styles and how they can be implemented in an environment. Understanding real world architecture.
Week 4 - developing the awareness of how architectural design develops through cultures and different time settings.
Week 5 - how to develop your visual library for environment design specifically.
Week 6 - introduction on How environment designs work on different levels.
Example: prop placements through environments and/or around structures. How to tackle design on a macro level and working with whole environment layouts.
*Please note. Even though we adhere to a week by week structure for our class program, the course’s structure is subject to modification in order to calibrate and optimize the class to the student’s needs. This is to always actively work on the best possible knowledge channeling for our students.