SPRING TERM 2024: ADVANCED DIGITAL PAINTING
Time: Friday 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm CEST
First Class (SPRING TERM 2024): 05.04.2024
Class length: 8 weeks
Instructor: Darek Zabrocki/Michal Kus
Location: "Focal Point School", Rajska 6,
80-850 Gdansk, POLAND or ONLINE
This class prepares the students to develop an understanding of visual communication across the whole spectrum of art.
The additional and necessary skills of this class will cover an in depth journey of how to be the most effective in our crafts and how to not only understand what we paint through fundamentals but truly stand out as a concept artist in this competitive industry.
Classes can be taken on – site or online, from every place that makes You learning comfortable and drives your creativity
Please note: This class is 1 of the 3 classes of the Full Advanced Term. Primarily every ‘’Intro’’ class is designed to abide by our full program of the ‘’Full Advanced Term’’. We recommend signing up for the ‘’’Full Advanced Term’’’ for the full experience and knowledge acquisition.
Class main features:
- The unique opportunity to learn from the mistakes of your veteran instructor which took years to realize. Students get a serious head-start because of this,
- Art Guidance and unique opportunity to witness live demos in making by industry professionals, Darek Zabrocki and Michał Kus,
- Development of several high industry standard portfolio pieces,
- Understanding colors and perspective,
- Using an array of techniques like photobashing through the understanding of fundamentals in order to make paintings ready for the entertainment industry,
- Understanding of visual communication, materials and how light reacts on them,
- Composition, elements arrangement and thumbnail sketching,
- Applying knowledge in an effective and logical manner from studies made during classes,
- Building a strong foundation for concept art and illustration,
- Landscape studies,
- Studying the old masters,
- Developing our fundamental art skills through logic and artistic reinterpretation to help forge your own style,
- Working on perception of how certain designs can be visualized in the best way,
- Homework which improve You in every way, week to week,
- Learning the arrangement of elements is put together in such a way to form a harmonious
- Recreating game designs.
What do you need to bring to the table?
- Dedication and passion about concept design and illustration,
- Equipment – laptop or tablet and Photoshop or some other 2D graphics program (and knowledge how to use it),
- Motivation and discipline to fulfill homeworks,
- Ability to speak and understand classes in English.
Week to week - Brief schedule*
Please note. Even though we adhere to a week by week structure for our class program, the course’s structure is subject to modification in order to calibrate and optimize the class to the student’s needs. This is to always actively work on the best possible knowledge channeling for our students.
Week 1 - calibration of skills of the students in class. Introduction to an array of topics to see how well students handle what they already know.
Week 2 - understanding shapes and materials. Working on the reinterpretation of reality and how to effectively understand material definition. Working with provided reference and analyzing the subject matter thoroughly. Resulting in understanding what we paint and render and not only blindly copy what we see.
Week 3 - understanding how light works. Advanced lectures and demos explaining how universal rules of light apply to materials. working with provided reference and reference which students need to gather on their own.
Week 4 - studying samples from fotos. working with reference actively. Rendering for example the same scene with different lighting setups to further understand the relation between material definition and light.
Week 5 - working on the reinterpretation of reality. How to exaggerate certain aspects of our works in order to make them pop and stand out through the use of all the knowledge obtained so far.
Week 6 - analyzing how the old masters tackled their works and making studies which will also cover many sub topics in order to reach the highest level of our digital painting skills.
Week 7 - analyzing composition. Enabling the designer’s mind by working on our composition skills. Movies still from iconic cinemaa are studied and dissected to further develop our skills.
Week 8 - working on a final assignment. All the knowledge gathered will be applied. The students will have 3 weeks time after the end of the course to finish their final assignments.The goal is to have a solid piece which will be a valuable addition to your portfolio!
*Please note. Even though we adhere to a week by week structure for our class program, the course’s structure is subject to modification in order to calibrate and optimize the class to the student’s needs. This is to always actively work on the best possible knowledge channeling for our students.
Here you can add custom original content(text, images, videos and more) for each product page.
20 other products in the same category: