FALL TERM 2023: ADVANCED HARDWARE DESIGN
Time: Saturday 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm CEST
First Class (FALL TERM 2023): 21.10.2023
Class length: 8 weeks
Instructor: Michal Kus
Location: "Focal Point School", Rajska 6,
80-850 Gdansk, POLAND or ONLINE
This class aims for teaching the fundamental skills, the secondary specialization skills along with industry trends to be able to cover hardware concept design on the highest level. Students will learn what aspects need to be taken into consideration when designing all kinds of vehicles.
Classes can be taken on – site or online, from every place that makes You learning comfortable and drives your creativity
Please note: This class is 1 of the 3 classes of the Full Advanced Term. Primarily every ‘’Intro’’ class is designed to abide by our full program of the ‘’Full Advanced Term’’. We recommend signing up for the ‘’’Full Advanced Term’’’ for the full experience and knowledge acquisition.
Class main features:
- The unique opportunity to learn from the mistakes of your veteran instructor which took years to realize. Students get a serious head-start because of this,
- Art Guidance and unique opportunity to witness live demos in making by industry professional Michał Kus,
- Development of several high industry standard portfolio pieces
- Mastering hardware design and 2D skills,
- Drawing and understanding complex shapes in perspective,
- Understanding the basics of mechanical engineering vs aesthetical designing.
- Advanced drawing techniques to effectively communicate your hardware designs
- How light behaves on vehicles, how it affects the materials on hardware and vehicles.
- Keeping the main shape grounded and learning how to effectively and quickly distribute detail according to the overall design philosophy,
- Advanced 2D/3D techniques.
What do you need to bring to the table?
- Dedication and passion about concept design and illustration,
- Equipment – laptop or tablet and Photoshop or some other 2D graphics program (and knowledge how to use it), 3d software (preferrably Blender)
- Motivation, discipline to fulfill homeworks,
- Ability to speak and understand classes in English.
Week to week - Brief schedule*
Week 1 - calibration of skills of the students in class. Introduction to an array of topics to see how well students handle what they already know.
Week 2 - working in perspective on man made vehicles. thought process of why and how certain shapes are taking place within a vehicular design. Digesting proportions and its universal rules.
Week 3 - working on how to apply reference. Developing fidelity in your own work by understanding how hardware and vehicle designs work in the real world.
Week 4 - raising awareness how mechanical design styles developed through different cultures, civilizations and how they developed through time. Understanding how vehicles and hardware designs are impacted by the environment they operate in. This is all lectured by introducing the students to a certain design task based on a brief provided.
Week 5 - grasping all the knowledge gathered so far and working further on the design task with advanced guidance from your instructor. Introducing topics specifically corresponding with the given design task.
Week 6 - working not only with strong fundamental skills but understanding how to utilize tools like Blender and Eevee for a strong, accurate and efficient workflow for vehicles and hardware specifically.
Week 7 - working towards being able to understand design philosophy on multiple tiers. Example: Explaining a function on a vehcile which its shape is fully impacted by its function VS, how certain vehicles and hardware designs prioritize the aesthetical aspect and how to design something that has a balance of both of these factors.
Week 8 - working on a final assignment. All the knowledge gathered will be applied. The students will have 3 weeks time after the end of the course to finish their final assignments.The goal is to have a solid piece which will be a valuable addition to your portfolio!
*Please note. Even though we adhere to a week by week structure for our class program, the course’s structure is subject to modification in order to calibrate and optimize the class to the student’s needs. This is to always actively work on the best possible knowledge channeling for our students.
Here you can add custom original content(text, images, videos and more) for each product page.
10 other products in the same category: